International student mobility

An international graduate student from a foreign institution may enroll as a USP graduate student provided they are supervised by an accredited professor in one of our programs. The professor interested in receiving a graduate student from a foreign Institution must submit the following materials to the Program Coordinating Committees (CCPs) and Graduate Committee (CPG) for approval.

  • Application form;
  • Recommendation letter from the home professor to the USP professor responsible for accepting the student;
  • Student status verification letter from the home institution;
  • Research plan indicating the beginning and end of the project;
  • Timetable of the activities to be performed at USP during the specified period.

Once approved, the foreign institution student will receive an institutional letter of acceptance and must go to ESALQ's Graduate Studies Office with the following documents:

  • Copy of the passport with a student visa (Temporary IV), Mercosul visa, or permanent visa;
  • International health insurance;
  • You must register with the Federal Police before enrolling at USP. You can schedule your registration with the Federal Police before arriving in Brazil at Click on Imigração > Carteira de Registro Nacional Migratório (National Migration Registration Card).


Very important information

USP does not accept Tourist visas under any circumstances.