1. Application form
2. Copy of the application fee receipt (please refer to item 3 in Conditions for application) in the amount of R$ 214.00 (two hundred and fourteen reais). Payment should be done by “boleto bancário” (a payment slip to be paid at the bank). Foreign applicants who are overseas can pay upon first enrollment if they pass the admission process. Click here to generate the slip
3. Updated printed Curriculum at Lattes platform (CNPq). Please, do not include proof. Applications containing curricula other than the one requested will be refused.
A document with stapled pages containing a curriculum vitae spreadsheet in Excel, filled out by the applicant. Under each item, the applicant must list all his or her production related to that item, which scores for the selection process. Each article, chapter, book, project, network or research group etc must be entered on a separate line and must also be included in the Curriculum Lattes, so that it can be verified by the Evaluation Committee. The “pontos” column must be filled in the lines where the item's explanation indicates so.
4. Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English in the program’s admission exam. The exam for the doctorateand direct doctorate programs consists of text translation into Portuguese and applicants may use a monolingual English dictionary. The minimum pass score is 7.0 for doctorate and direct doctorate and 6.0 for master’s. Applicants may present other proficiency tests such as TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, Cambridge, and Michigan taken up to 5 years before the student's enrollment date at the program’s proficiency exam. Minimum score: TOEFL IBT - 84 for doctorate; TOEFL PAPER - 469 for doctorate; TOEFL COMPUTER - 210 for doctorate; IELTS - 6.3 for doctorate; TOEIC - 693 for doctorate; MICHIGAN – approval; CAMBRIDGE: A, B or C.
5. Official undergraduate transcript – copy
6. Bachelor degree diploma - front and back copy
- Applicants whose diplomas have not yet been issued should submit an official document indicating the date of conclusion and degree earned
- Applicants who are still attending undergraduate school should submit an official letter indicating that they are potentially eligible to graduate
Note: Applicants who do not include the diploma must be aware that if selected in the admission process they will be required to present the diploma at enrollment, with graduation conclusion date (Day/month/year) prior to the last day of the enrollment period at ESALQ, otherwise they will not be able to enroll
7. Doctorate degree applicants only: official graduate transcript - copy
8. Doctorate degree applicants only: Master degree diploma – front and back copy
- Applicants whose diplomas have not yet been issued should submit an official document indicating the degree earned and homologation date (Day/month/year)
- Applicants who are still attending the master’s program should submit an official letter anticipating the date of the defense
- Applicants whose master’s degree was earned outside Brazil are additionally required to present degree equivalency except when the diploma is recognized countrywide
Note: Applicants who do not include the master’s degree diploma must be aware that if selected in the admission process they will be required to present the diploma at enrollment, with degree homologation date (Day/month/year) prior to the last day of the enrollment period at ESALQ, otherwise they will not be able to enroll
9. Previous acceptance of a program's faculty adviser (acceptance form)
10. Research project (sample in Portuguese)
Please submit your application materials (by the postmark deadlines) to:
ESALQ - Serviço de Pós-Graduação
Av. Pádua Dias, 11
Caixa Postal 9
13418-900 Piracicaba, SP