1. Application form
2. All applicants will be exempt from the registration fee; the fee waiver will be effective for two years starting in 2023, after which it will be reassessed
3. Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae at Lattes platform of “Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico” (National Council of Scientific and Technological Development – CNPq). Do not attach supporting documents. Applications with resumes other than that of the Lattes platform will be rejected.
4. A file containing a curriculum vitae spreadsheet, filled in by the applicant in Excel. Under each item, the applicant must list all his/her production related to that item, which counts points for the selection process. The applicant is responsible for the information provided. Each article, chapter, book, project, network, or research group, among others, must be entered on a separate line and must also be included in the Curriculum Lattes, so that it can be verified by the Evaluation Committee. Doctorate applicants must have proven experience in scientific writing, through at least 1 article published in a qualified refereed vehicle. For a Direct Doctorate, at least one publication is required (article, book, book chapter, complete work or expanded abstract in an event). Duplicate entries in items will be disregarded. The “points” column must not be filled in. Do not change the formatting of columns and rows. In the column where there is “number of months”, do not include a lecture or other activity counted in hours. This file must be exclusively in .xls or .xlsx (Excel) format. The file must NOT be transformed into .pdf or any other format.
5. Applicants must show proficiency in the English language by presenting a certificate of the exam taken prior to enrolling in the process. The minimum passing score will be 7.0 (seven) in English for Doctorate and Direct Doctorate to proceed in the selection process, taken as equivalent to the score indicated in the exams on the list. Proficiency exams from the following list may be accepted: TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, Cambridge and Michigan, taken up to 5 (five) years before the student's registration date in the Program's selection process. Minimum score: TOEFL IBT – for masters 72 and for doctorates 84; TOEFL PAPER – 402 for Masters and 469 for Doctors; COMPUTER TOEFL – 180 for masters and 210 for doctorates; IELTS – for masters 5.4 and for doctorate 6.3; TOEIC – 594 for masters and 693 for doctorates; MICHIGAN - APPROVED; CAMBRIDGE - A, B or C and also the EF-SET free Test - B2 (51 to 60 points). As of this year (2023), the Program will no longer carry out its own English test for candidates, starting to accept exclusively certificates of proficiency exams from the list above and, probably, others to be added to this list in the future.
6. Official undergraduate transcript
7. Bachelor's degree diploma - front and back
- Applicants whose diplomas have not yet been issued should submit an official document indicating the date of conclusion and degree earned
- Applicants who are still attending undergraduate school should submit an official letter indicating that they are potentially eligible to graduate
Note: Applicants who do not include the diploma must be aware that if selected in the admission process they will be required to present the diploma at enrollment, with graduation conclusion date (Day/month/year) prior to the last day of the enrollment period at ESALQ, otherwise they will not be able to enroll
8. Doctoral degree applicants only: official graduate transcript
9. Doctoral degree applicants only: Master's degree diploma – front and back
- Applicants whose diplomas have not yet been issued should submit an official document indicating the degree earned and homologation date (Day/month/year)
- Applicants who are still attending the master’s program should submit an official letter anticipating the date of the defense
- Applicants whose master’s degree was earned outside Brazil are additionally required to present degree equivalency except when the diploma is recognized countrywide
Note: Applicants who do not include the master’s degree diploma must be aware that if selected in the admission process they will be required to present the diploma at enrollment, with degree homologation date (Day/month/year) prior to the last day of the enrollment period at ESALQ, otherwise they will not be able to enroll
10. Previous acceptance of a program's faculty adviser (acceptance form)
11. Research project (template in Portuguese)