1. Application form
2. Proof of payment of the registration fee (please refer to item 3 in Conditions for registration) in the amount of R$ 100.00 (one hundred reais). Payment must be made exclusively by bank slip from the Banco do Brasil. Click here to generate the bank slip.
- Fee reduction requests (50%) must be submitted by March10, 2024, exclusively via online form. Details (in Portuguese) »
- Foreign applicants who are abroad are exempt from paying the fee at the time of registration. If admitted, however, they must pay it at the first enrollment.
- Foreign applicants who are pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies in Brazil and are abroad at the time of registration are not exempt from paying the fee upon registration.
3. Up-to-date Curriculum at Lattes platform (CNPq) (evidence not required for foreigner applicants)
4. Official undergraduate transcript
5. Bachelor's degree diploma - front and back
- Applicants whose diplomas have not yet been issued should submit an official document indicating the date of conclusion and degree earned
- Applicants who are still attending undergraduate school should submit an official letter indicating that they are potentially eligible to graduate
Note: Applicants who do not include the diploma must be aware that if selected in the admission process they will be required to present the diploma at enrollment, with graduation conclusion date (Day/month/year) prior to the last day of the enrollment period at ESALQ, otherwise they will not be able to enroll
6. Doctoral degree applicants only: official graduate transcript
7. Doctoral degree applicants only: Master's degree diploma – front and back
- Applicants whose diplomas have not yet been issued should submit an official document indicating the degree earned and homologation date (Day/month/year)
- Applicants who are still attending the master’s program should submit an official letter anticipating the date of the defense
- Applicants whose master’s degree was earned outside Brazil are additionally required to present degree equivalency except when the diploma is recognized countrywide
Note: Applicants who do not include the master’s degree diploma must be aware that if selected in the admission process they will be required to present the diploma at enrollment, with degree homologation date (Day/month/year) prior to the last day of the enrollment period at ESALQ, otherwise they will not be able to enroll
8. Research project related to one of the program’s area (Check here). The project must be double-spaced with no more than 20 pages and include:
- Abstract (maximum 250 words) – Concisely present the crucial elements of the dissertation or thesis project, that is, the issue and description of the methodologies;
- Introduction – Provide a background and analyses that justify your proposal, possibly including information about the issue’s importance, its relation with others studies, its limitations and objectives. The Introduction must be supported by specific literature. If possible, refer to the probable contributions to development of the subject area. Finalize with the description of the project’s goals.
- Material and methods - Inform, when pertinent, the site and period in which study will take place, as well as the population to be studied, the sample methods and procedures, laboratory analyses, and statistical data analyses methods;
- Work plan and schedule
Note: research plans failing to comply with this model will be refused.
9. We strongly encourage applicants to include the “Adviser Acceptance Term” (sample in Portuguese). This configures the candidate's previous interaction with the potential advisor, which is very important
While applying, please verify availability in the research area desired. In the case of no availability, the applicant must choose another adviser, otherwise, he or she will be automatically eliminated from the admission process.